This page is under construction; meanwhile, please e-mail your questions and comments to the following:
ALGORITHMS OF RESPONSE
Healthcare professional under reprisal
If you believe you are under career-threatening reprisal by your healthcare organization, take the following inventory:
1. How do I document reprisal by my organization?
a. I submitted a constructively critical document to protect patients from harm, or to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse.
b. I have evidence of immediate threat or warning from a member of the leadership after I submitted the document.
2. How do I protect against further reprisal?
a. To whom should I make a report of reprisal?
b. What about the press?
3. How do I have false and misleading documents expunged from my records?
a. To what authority and to which laws can I appeal?
b. How can I continue to work while such expunging of documents is pending?
4. How do I move on with my life?
a. What professional licenses or certificates can I secure in these circumstances?
5. How do I protect my family from becoming casualties of despair in this situation?
(To be continued ..)
Please send comments to Webmaster email@example.com